Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mom's Day

On this day in so many homes, families gather in order to cook, chat and reminisce about the past ... Speeches are made, jokes are shared and recipes are exchanged. Daughters, sons and other siblings that haven't seen each other due to historical spats, they take this opportunity to mend old wounds ... Mothers, grand mamas, aunts and baby sitters are also honored for their life long sacrifices ... Now, let's not forget all those dad's that are raising their kids on their own due to certain circumstances ... They too should be applauded for stepping up to the plate.

Before we say adieu to all of you, we'd like to leave you with this piece of advice ... It's not what you purchase or how much you eat at that feast. All that really matters to your mother or other female guardian is the time you share together ... I say this because when my GEM and I are surrounded by our 4 Diamond sons, my Husband tells me that my eyes light up when I hear them laugh ... We're so GRATEFUL that God ordained this commandment ...

Exodus 20:12 ~Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

One more thing ... Happy Mother's Day ...


BLESSINGS,

Written by Pastor Nancy Advincola (c)Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved

No comments: