Squabbling was the way brothers and sisters BONDED; however as time goes by, and we matured, the dynamics of a family should have
changed; for the BETTER. In the event that it hasn't, we'd like to share a few techniques on how to mend siblings relationships.
- FORGIVENESS must be embraced in order for siblings to move on. What is dead and buried, forget about it.
- Family FUNCTIONS: Thanksgiving, Weddings, and babies being burned; can't be missed, make an attempt.
- Get off the GOSSIP Train , if someone wants you to take on the part of the family MODE; say NO...
- RESPECT is key if you have a hankering for unity; avoid sensitive topics, such as: weight, finances, or failed relationships; FORGET about it.
- STAMPING a Kin with a particular title, such as: loser, cheap, or the big mouth. Name calling isn't Cool; so STOP it.
- TECHNOLOGY has it's advantages; so use them. You can: text, email, or post a message on social sites: Facebook, MySpace, etc. That's a sweet gesture and shows you truly care.
- JEALOUSY and devaluing your siblings is a sure FIRE way to produce division; so when it comes to family group HUGS or KISSES, show some sincere LOVE, and NO elbowing each other.
- If you don't get alone with your kins spouse, try to find some mutual ground with their mate anyway.
- VACATION Time should and could be the ULTIMATE bonding experience. Turn the back sit into a memorable one. Find something to Laugh about till your BLUE in the face and your HEARTS gives out. LOL.
- Choose the topics you're going to share with your Kinfolk WISELY. If you know that they dislike: game shows, don't start replaying last nights episode of JEOPARDY at the dinner table.
When you and your siblings get together, don't FORGET this...
FOR WHERE TWO OR THREE ARE GATHERED IN MY NAME, THERE AM I AMONG THEM.